Sunday, December 14, 2008

Kaiya's New Trick

So on Thursday I was running around like a chicken with her head cut off trying to tie up loose ends for the Progressive Dinner at church. I was running things out to the car, you know, the regular stuff: food, napkins, oven racks, etc...

Well, I had a big box of stuff in my hands, walked out the front door, shut it behind me and put the stuff in the car. When I got back to the front door, and turned the handle...you guessed it, the door was locked. The luckiest thing that happened to me all day was that I had my keys in my pocket; but I am totally doubting my sanity as I unlock the door. Did I really lock the door behind me without realizing it? It's a deadbolt, so you can only lock it from the outside with a key, and I couldn't have done that with all that stuff in my hands...hmm...well, I unlock the door and walk inside and Kaiya is waiting right there and she says just as proud as she could be "Mommy! I lock the door!"

Needless to say I went out the next day and purchased some childproofing supplies for the front door...

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

She is too smart for her own good! =} That is still my fear when I walk into the garage...the girls will come behind me and look the door.

Raeanna said...

Wow! Thank goodness you had your key! I am so glad I found you. You all look great. And glad to hear you still drink Diet Coke! :)