Saturday, January 3, 2009

Pre-Christmas Fun!

Sorry I am so late on posting, but we all got sick right after Christmas, and I am just getting dug out from under everything that went unfinished for a week! I decided to break this up, into Pre-Christmas and Christmas Day, so here are some of the fun things that led up to the big day for the Seal household.

Kaiya, Daddy & I all went down to Southlake Town Center and enjoyed a chilly night out shopping. As always Jamie wore his Santa hat...

We went to Nordstrom in North Park Mall to get Kaiya's Christmas shoes, and Kaiya made a new friend...

Of course we had to stop and visit the turtles & ducks that live in the mall, Kaiya liked it so much over there we thought she was going to jump right in the fountain!

We found a puppet show that was basically Mr. Scrooge interacting with (meaning making fun of) the audience. Jamie was one of the first ones he picked on, saying that Jamie was a man who would go far and have money, because he didn't spend money on frivolous things like fashionable clothes (yes he was wearing the Santa hat again). Here is a picture of Mr. Scrooge making fun of Jamie.


Kaiya has been such a big helper in the kitchen lately. She helped bake our Christmas goodies, and was so excited about it.

She got up on her big girl stool and helped do all kinds of things.

She sifted flour and put ingredients into the bowl. She also tried her hand at mixing with a spatula, but since we were making shortbread, that didn't work out too well, since the batter is so stiff.

But baking together was so much fun, my favorite part was that I got to start passing on things that I know and love to my sweet baby. I absolutely love spending time with Kaiya and appreciate every stage of her.


A few days later G.G. (great Grandma) arrived, and the family festivities started with our annual ladies lunch at the Zodiac Room in the original Neiman Marcus, which is conveniently located in Downtown Dallas. Kaiya was not on her best behavior, but we had fun anyway.

They always have the most amazing Christmas tree, and this year was a recycling theme tree with made up of clear orbs that changed colors with different lighting. Kaiya was mesmerized.

Then we went up and ate, it was yummy as always.

Kaiya's favorite part was the famous Neiman Marcus chocolate chip cookie. Yumm...

Last year we got a great picture in front of a more traditional tree, so we tried the same thing this year too.

Stay tuned, I will try my best to get Christmas pics up Sunday night!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

How fun! I love her BIG smiles! She is such a cutie!!

Chris and Tara Mason said...

She looks so grown up with her apron on! What a cutie!