Friday, July 3, 2009

Pre- 4th of July Fun

So, we have a tradition of having a cook out & setting off our own fireworks on the 4th of July with our friends the Churchwells. But this year, I really thought Kaiya would like to see a big fireworks show, so a few weeks ago I saw that Grapevine was having fireworks at the lake all month long on Friday nights, so we went to go see them.

Kaiya has an "Olivia" book where they go see fireworks, so she got excited right away. We talked about how it would be really dark before they started and very loud while they were going off, but apparently we didn't really need to, because she had a ball and wasn't scared at all.

Here's Kaiya and Jamie laughing their heads off before the show started.

I love this picture, because Kaiya is still going through a phase where she refuses to look at the camera, but I guess it was dark enough that she couldn't tell what I was doing when I said "Hey Kaiya look over here!". I also think you can really see how much Kaiya and James look like each other.

After we took that picture, I guess she decided that she didn't mind getting her picture taken, and that perhaps we needed an extreme close up.
How blind do you think she was after we took this picture, with the flash, in the pitch dark?


Overall it was a super fun night, and worth the late late late bedtime.

Happy Independence Day Everyone!!!!

No comments: