Haylee wanted to go on a ride, and so she went around and debated about all of the kids rides, the tea cups, the helicopter, the spinning bears, etc... In the end she and Jen ended up on the real live rollercoaster, which Haylee DID NOT like once it started going, and I can understand why, it was fast and a little jerky too...

After being traumatized by the roller coaster we went over to the petting zoo, and Kaiya was in her element! She LOVED it! At first when we went in there, she got right down face to face with the goat and was trying to figure out if they were going to run away from her like Pepper & RaRa do...
Then when she figured out that the goats weren't going anywhere, she really got excited. She patted the goats...

She hugged the goats...

She even got kisses from a goat...

There were also chickens and bunnies.
This poor guy was laying right in front of the fan and just panting. I think the other bunnies call him Sarge, and when he gets back to the bunny hutch after a weekend at a petting zoo, I bet all the other little bunnies gather around him, and he says in his deep, raspy bunny voice... "It was heck out there men; pure heck..."
There were also llamas and miniature donkeys, but they were in their own little pen, so I had to hold Kaiya to pet them and didn't get a picture. But we decided it was time to go when Kaiya started identifying body parts on a rather disgruntled looking llama and when she got to eye, she tried to poke her little finger right in there.
So a good time was had by all, except for maybe the petting zoo animals. I can't wait to take her to the State Fair of Texas petting zoo!!! They have a giraffe, good luck trying to poke his eye!
1 comment:
Awesome pics! It was hot, but fun! You guys should have taken some of my tickets for face painting - I ended up giving them away to a stranger (only 9 of them, but that would have been enough for a snake or a smiley face)!
Post a Comment