I am so sorry, I have been a terrible blogger for the past couple of months, but I am determined to start anew! So for the time being I will skip over the 4th of July, which has been my stumbling block/excuse for not blogging (Jen took the pictures & she has been out of town, so I don't have them yet); and go straight to what I do have pictures for... A Princess Party!So Kaiya was invited to a princess birthday party, and the invitations said to wear your princess dresses, well, if you can believe it, Kaiya didn't have a princess dress. I know you are all shocked, but that is the way things are. She has a ton of dress up clothes, and when she wants to be a princes, she has this hand-me-down dance costume that she loves and she wears that and all her jewelry, and says that she is a princess and she is going to a party. In fact the other day she said "Look Mommy, I am glamorous!"
But I digress, so, I already knew I was going to have to buy her a real princess dress, because a few weeks ago our book club had a Harry Potter party, and I went dressed as the portrait that guards the Griffindor tower, and I wore an enormous pink prom dress that I got years ago at the Dillard's outlet for $25, and when I walked out Kaiya looked at me and said "Mommy is so pretty! I want one!"
So we went looking for a poufy princess dress for the party. I asked her which princess she wanted to dress up as, and she said Belle. Now she has never really seen any of the princess movies, except for "The Little Mermaid" but she has dress up shoes with princess pictures on them, and the yellow Belle ones are her favorite. So we went looking for a Belle dress. We went to the Disney store, and all they had were the ones that were off the shoulder, except for Cinderella, and Kaiya didn't really like the Cinderella one. Well, I really wanted a modest one; so I asked the manager if they had any Belle dresses that were modest, and she looked at me like I was crazy! And then she called over someone else, and they were really rude to me, and to make a long story even longer, I got mad, told them that the clothes the princesses wore in the movies were terrible examples for little girls & teaches them that they have to be sexy to be beautiful and walked out. So on principle, I wasn't going to buy one from there.
We had looked at Target several times, and the only ones they had there were Cinderella, which, of course, Kaiya didn't really like. So the night before the party, I went to Target after Kaiya went to bed, and found lo & behold....a Snow White Dress!!!! YAY!!! It was modest AND it has a poufy yellow skirt, so that is what we got & that is what Kaiya wore, and she LOVED it!!!

My friend at the party said she felt like she was taking prom pictures outside before they went to the party & it made me laugh, because that is exactly what it is like. I think I have a picture of Jamie & posing by a bush just like these...
Kaiya & her crazy smile...
4 comments:
ok, ok, crud... I knew it was my fault that your blogging has slowed down! I'll get some 4th of July pics to you this weekend... PROMISE! BTW, she's adorable, as always!!
She looks so pretty in that dress! Yaaay for Snow White and her modest attire! :)
Good for you, Tristen!! And Kaiya looks beautiful as Snow White!!!
What a sweet little girl. She is the perfect snow white. I heard the party was a blast!!
Post a Comment