Sunday, March 21, 2010

Christmas Trip to the Gaylord Texan

All right!!! The computer is back up and running about 98% and I can get back to the blog! Yay! So I will try to play an abbreviated catch up.

So we have a Christmas Tradition of getting together with the Churchwell's before Christmas to do something holiday-ish and exchange presents. We usually do it all together as families, but this year Jamie was sick and Rick couldn't make it for some reason which escapes me (shocking I know, seeing as it was 3 months ago). So we made it a girls night! We went and ate pizza and then battled the crowds at the Gaylord Texan. For a girl from Nashville, going to the Opryland Hotel at Christmas time is an Official Holiday Requirement, but the Hotel is a lot bigger and maybe we used to go late at night or something, because I never remember it being this crowded in Nashville!

Nevertheless it was Christmas Opry style, with a Texas flare, so we enjoyed it all the same.

As always one of the main reasons to go with the kiddies is for the great photo ops! Here are the girls in front of a cute little Christmas tree.



Of course no adventure is complete until somebody's mom says "Get away from there, you're going to fall in!" This time it was a Koi pond, and I could just picture having to carry a soaking wet 2 year old out to the car in the freezing weather.


Here are the girls sitting on a bench with a reindeer. Haylee not only has on her blinking Rudolph antenna, but she got hot pink vampire teeth from the prize machine at the pizza place. Cute huh? (I wanted some too, but ran out of quarters) Kaiya, as always is loving being with her favorite sisterfriend Hannah.

After the Gaylord Texan we all came back to our house to open presents
Here is Hannah modeling her new Justice shirt and Kaiya and Haylee falling a teensy bit behind in the melee. Kaiya loves her stacking Dora, Diego & Boots, and in fact they are an important part of every successful trip to a restaurant. The Stir-Fry set has eggs that you can crack open and rubber fried eggs fall out, which is wonderful, because any time I reach for the carton of eggs, Kaiya is right there asking if she can crack one.

In fact when Kaiya was first learning how to crack eggs, I showed her how to tap tap tap the egg on the counter then pull it apart...well Kaiya did a very gentle tap tap tap then palmed the egg and squeezed for all she was worth. The look on her face was priceless when it exploded open and raw egg went everywhere. I think she was worried she was going to be in trouble, but it was so funny, I couldn't stop laughing. Now she tap tap taps the eggs for me, and we pull it apart together.

Merry Christmas Y'all!

2 comments:

Together We Save said...

Great pictures!! I love that there is a similar hotel in Texas. You are so right is is a wonderful memory of mine & yes a wonderful place for pictures!!

Jennifer said...

It was fun to see this post and re-live that night! Fun times!