Kaiya is finally in bed and I thought I would just post a few pictures of our Pre-Easter festivities. I think I will go backwards here...
After much consideration about our own Easter Bunny traditions, we decided a few things. Since there are so many fun activities like Egg hunts and things before actual Easter, and because I wanted Kaiya to be able to take an Easter Basket she really likes to them, I wanted her to be able to pick out her own Easter Basket for the year. So we decided that Kaiya would pick out her own basket, take it to all the other activities and stuff, then on the night before Easter we would put the basket, the eggs we dyed, and empty plastic eggs on the front porch for the Easter Bunny to fill and hide. So here is Kaiya in her jammies on the front porch setting out things for the Easter Bunny.
She was very excited!
And of course she was silly too...On Monday we also went to a super fun Easter egg hunt at Kaiya's friend Maura's Grandma's house. The kids had an awesome time, and the weather could not have been more beautiful. There were quite a few kids there, and while she was among the older ones, she still had a little trouble grasping the idea of "you have to hurry to find the eggs, or the other kids will get them all". She just doesn't have that killer instinct...(not that I'm sad about that, I like it actually) But eventually she got the hang of it, and got a few eggs in her bucket. It was pretty exciting!

She would pick one up, inspect it, then start looking for another one...

The only time she hurried was when we told her it was time to open the eggs...

We tried to take a group picture of all the kids, but this is how Kaiya looks in EVERY SINGLE ONE
She has her head buried in her basket. Of course, I guess most of the other kiddos do too.Another fun thing about Maura's Grandma's is that they have goats!!! A highlight of the day was feeding the goats Graham Crackers.

Overall, it was a fabulous day!!!
The first Easter activity of the season was the annual Grapevine City Easter Egg Hunt. It was a zoo! Actually they did have a petting zoo, which was probably Kaiya's favorite part. They petted a bunny...

And here is Kaiya telling me that this is a Guinea Pig, just like Lenny (from the Wonder Pets)

I think it is funny, that a lot of kids Kaiya's age are scared of big character costumes, but Kaiya loves them! She always has, she runs up and gives them hugs...

Sometimes she will even stop talking to them long enough to look in the general direction of the camera...

After the petting zoo, and the meet and greet with Mr. and Mrs. Bunny, it was time for the Easter Egg Hunt. I wonder what they are talking about? Somehow I don't think it is strategy.

The actual egg hunt was a little bit crazy, but luckily she had a good coach.

Afterwards she had so much fun opening up her eggs, she didn't want to let me take a picture. When we finally got her to look up, this is what we got...
This is the "hurry up and take my picture so I can finish looking at my loot!" picture.Overall it has been an awesome pre-Easter season. I can't wait for tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment