Monday, January 19, 2009

Christmas Day (finally!)

Sorry about the delay, we had some technical difficulties getting some of the pictures from my mom, apparently Yahoo mail doesn't like it when you receive a zillion pictures all at once.

Okay, so Christmas morning, Kaiya woke up and was more than happy to start posing for pictures.

We went out to the front room with the Christmas tree, but Kaiya had her priorities in order and wanted breakfast first, so after some toast, yogurt & leftover sausage balls (yum) we finally were able to proceed with Christmas.

Kaiya was very funny, she would open a present and then she had to take it over to the play area and play with it, before she could be coerced into opening another one. She absolutely loves stuffed animals, and was in heaven when she got 3 of them, including one that rolls over and barks!

Kaiya's other favorite thing is books, and when she opened one up, she would carry it over to Jamie or I and ask us to read it, then she would say "Kaiya read it" and walk away and read it herself.

Then she got a present that was both an animal AND a book! WOW!

So it took forever for Kaiya to open her Christmas presents that morning, and we were so late over to Buddy & Grandma's. But when we got there, boy was it exciting. It was like "The Price is Right" for toddlers.

"And what's behind door number 1? A new kitchen & chair!"

Opening presents remained a very serious business...

G.G. (which is Great Grandma) even brought some presents all the way from her friends in California, including a very exciting Mama & baby polar bear set.

Kaiya even liked helping other people open their presents, and I think everybody in the room had the same thought when they saw her help Buddy open this...
Look! She's the next Tiger Woods!

But in the end, of course the best part about Christmas, is getting to spend time with the people who you love the most in the world, your family...

4 comments:

Kari Lora said...

Kaiya is adorable! I can imagine how your Christmas morning went because mine was the same. I think they have the right idea, open a present, play with it. Repeat.

I absolutely love the Kitchen! Fabulous!! It certainly puts Emmy's Walmart kitchen to shame. It's a good idea 2 year olds don't care about price tags. At what age does that start?

Chris said...

Okay, I know that this has nothing to do with this entry,

but go here

http://inevergrewup.net/giveaway-25-bumbleride-indie-stroller/

there is a great stroller give away!

Chris

Paula said...

So Kaiya is so cute!! I think every little girl I know got a little kitchen set. We got one for Eden and she just loved it!! She plays every day with it. The best deal of all was the cutest little pink spatula that we got at the potter barn outlet in San Marcus. It was the deal of the day!!!

Chris and Tara Mason said...

She is so stinkin' cute! I love the first picture of her and Jamie together - that is such a sweet picture!