The Butterfly Flutterby is a little festival that occurs at the time the monarch butterflies are migrating through the area on their way to Mexico, and as a part of this, they do a costume parade, interactive butterfly exhibits, crafts and several butterfly releases. Of course Kaiya had to attend this important event in costume.

Although Kaiya still generally won't let me take a normal picture of her (meaning look at the camera and smile) I did get a couple of good action shots. Here she is inspecting some ants in a line on the sidewalk.

This picture makes me laugh, I can almost hear the movie director shouting stage direction from off camera "Now, give me a look of far off wonder".
Jamie picked out those sunglasses for Kaiya when we went to the State Fair, and I think he did a great job.Finally, it was time for the butterfly release. They found Kaiya's friends Ben & Daniel, and Tara helped the kiddos set it free, while Jamie took the pictures.

After the excitement of the butterfly release Kaiya went to the pony ride. She has been talking about pony rides ever since we went to the State Fair. I made the mistake of assuming they would have them there, and told Kaiya that she could go on a pony ride when we got there. Well, they didn't have any "live animal rides" this year at all, so she was a little bit disappointed. Well then Friday night we went to Wolf Fest at Hannah & Haylee's school, and they had them there. Man was she excited! So she got to ride a pony on Friday night, then they had them again at the Flutterby, so she got to ride a pony twice in two days!
Can you see her little tounge poking out in the picture above?
Since the festival was at the old train depot, before they came home, Jamie and Kaiya went and climbed on some of the old train cars they have there. Kaiya and Buddy like to go look at trains together, and he recently built her the coolest train table ever, so we have been on a train kick!

Daddy & Daughter both had a great time, and I am so grateful that Jamie is such a great dad, and likes to do things with his baby girl. I couldn't ask for anything more.
3 comments:
SO Cute! Love the pics of her twirling and examing the ants. She's growing up so fast!
Oh, she is so adorable!!! I love the butterfly flutterby.
No one wanted to take control of the envelope with the butterfly in it. I feel sort of like a butterfly hog, but I swear I offered the butterfly to each of the kids multiple times!
Post a Comment