Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Proud to be a Band Geek

So I am about to officially declare my nerdy-ness. My high school marching band is in one of the best new country songs: Brad Paisley's song "Online". I am so proud! The band is still led by the same band director that we had, Mr. Randall Box, and I found an article about BHS playing on the album, and it has a picture of Mr. Box with Brad Paisley! Weird huh? Here is the link to that article:

http://www.marching.com/spotlight/brentwood-band-brad-paisley/

But I can even do one better than that...they also got to play on the CMA's this year! How cool is that, right? The only thing cooler is at the end of this video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqNmYwxK2Z4


You have to watch until the very end...of course the guy is a baritone player, which is what Jamie played...he feels that the young man at the end has appropriately carried on the legacy of the Brentwood High School Marching Band Baritone Section.

The uniform has changed but the tune remains the same... here's Jamie and I during our Senior year of high school.

2 comments:

Blake and Meg said...

LOVE it!

Bethany said...

I was not in the marching band, but I was a marching band groupy. My bro was the drum major so I went to all of the competitions and games. I'll tell you what, the band was WAY more interesting to watch than the football game.