Tuesday, May 6, 2008

A New Tradition

I decided to start a tradition for Kaiya's birthday. When we went into her room to get her out of bed on the morning of her birthday, we took a picture of her, first thing. In her p.j.'s, in her bed, boogers on her face and everything (she was sick). I think that we will try to do this every year, and we will end up with a fun montage of her growing up.
I thought this sounded like a fun thing to start. She was sweet about it this year, but I can see the teenage years now...covers over her head, perhaps a pillow being thrown... But still, the scrapbooking possibilities are endless!

Here is Kaiya on her birthday before her party started.


Kaiya is an avid reader, and she got quite a few books for her birthday and I think everyone appreciated that. Before, we usually read every one of her books every day, and it is sooooo nice to be able to rotate through the library now. Here she is enjoying one of the new books with Daddy, while her furry sisters keep watch.

1 comment:

Chris and Tara Mason said...

What a cute idea! I wish that I would have thought about something like that!