Monday, May 12, 2008

Our Super Fun Girl's Weekend

Kaiya and I are so lucky! We got to go visit my best friend from BYU in the bustling metropolis of Peyson, Utah. We had soooo much fun. We left on Thursday morning, and it was the first time I have flown with Kaiya by myself, so I was a little nervous. Luckily the flight was pretty empty, so Kaiya & I got a whole row to our selves, and boy did we need it!

Suzy has 3 girls, so let me tell you, we sure were a troop of girls on the move! We were chicks to the power of 6! We had so much fun while we were there, Kaiya loved Suzy's girls, Annie (8), Jane (6) and Lucy (4), and those four had FUN together. There was more laughing and screaming this weekend than I have heard in a long time!


In this picture, the girls are Jane in the red shirt, Annie in the blue shirt and Lucy grinning in the bottom right hand corner.


So on Friday when Annie & Jane were at school, Suzy, Lucy, Kaiya & I all went to Salt Lake City to do a little shopping (try not to be to shocked). We got some fabulous things and had a lovely lunch at the Paradise Bakery.

Lucy and Kaiya had so much fun being together.
While we were there we played a lot of fun card & board games, and basically just laughed...and laughed...and laughed some more.

We also went to the park, and Kaiya went on the swings for the first time (with Jane's help of course).

On Saturday morning, we all rolled out of bed and Dave (Suzy's husband) made the most amazing pancakes. While we were waiting for breakfast to be ready, a spontaneous sing-a-long broke out, with Suzy at the piano, and all the girls singing at the tops of their lungs. Somehow, when ever we get together, a sing-a-long always breaks out...hmmm...it's a mystery...

In fact, Dave & Suzy's house is such a music-filled, singing, dancing, and frolicking house, that they had to make a rule: No Singing at the Dinner Table. Which I think says it all, have you ever had the need to make a rule like that at your house? Neither have we (yet).

Suzy, Kaiya & I took a little jaunt over to Provo to visit the BYU campus, and I had to take Kaiya's picture in front of the Y (it's painted on the side of the mountain overlooking campus and is up at the top of the picture). And I was reminded again how incredibly beautiful Utah, and more specifically BYU is.
So overall we had an incredible time, and I was so sad to leave. Sometimes it makes me so sad that Suzy and I can't live close to each other, but I am so grateful to have such a good friend, who makes the trips out here for all the important stuff, and who I know I can visit any time.

2 comments:

Chris and Tara Mason said...

I love the picture of Kaiya on the swing! And, it sounds like you had a great time! Aren't old friends the greatest!?!

Blake and Meg said...

It is so fun to visit old friends and take a vacation! Looks like Kaiya had a great time. She poses so well for pictures...cutie!