Friday, June 13, 2008

Are You a Crafty Lass Too?


I love to be crafty, there is so much inherent satisfaction in creating something attractive and/or useful out of a pile of stuff. Now, while I do love to make things, I generally do not come up with my own ideas on what to make...yes, I admit, My name is Tristen, and I am a craft-lifter.

I have found a new (well at least new to me) site that has given me some fabulous ideas. It is called Etsy, and it is "A place to buy and sell all things handmade". It is based in NYC (of course, everything fabulous comes out of NYC...sigh...) and there are some FABULOUS ideas. I saw somebody who has a shop there on Martha Stewart and I love it! So here it is...the link: www.etsy.com

and here is the link to the Black Apple dolls from Martha that brought me to this lovely site

and here is the link to that person's Etsy shop

Enjoy & be inspired!!!


2 comments:

Chris and Tara Mason said...

Etsy makes me happy too! I would like to make the Spy Bags I listed on my blog! Perhaps we could get together and do a little craft-lifting! I'm up for it! In August, Chris will be gone for a whole week, so we could make huge craft messes in my house without any grumbling! :)

Jan and Larry Myers said...

I hear there's a 12-step program for craft-lifters. Sounds like Tara could enroll with you. ;-) They say there are no original ideas, so I believe we're meant to "lift" all we want!