However, she is now back to her normal sweet self, and since she is such a big 1 year old girl now, I decided I probably haven't been letting her do enough for herself while she is eating. So for lunch I made her half a ham and cheese sandwich, cut it into quarters and let her go at it. She did really well, and seemed to enjoy doing it herself.

So she did so well for lunch, we let her feed herself with a spoon at dinner!
This is a classic Kaiya move, and one of the reasons we call her Kaiya Bird, because she opens her mouth up enormous, like a baby bird waiting for a worm.

Yummy!

Here's even a little video we shot, because she did amazingly well for her first foray into feeding herself...
2 comments:
Ha, ha I loved the video! Molly has a problem with spoon feeding because she loves to hold the spoon on the very end. It makes it quite difficult to get anything in the mouth! But Kaiya did such a good job!
Way to go, Kaiya!!
Post a Comment