Wednesday, August 20, 2008

My Birthday Girls Day Out

Jen & I have tradition, we treat each other to lunch and pedicures for our birthdays, and it is quite a lovely ladies day out (sans kiddos of course). So for my birthday we took a jaunt over to Sam Moon's (la la la...those are the angels singing) and got some lovely new items. I got a new wallet and some earrings and almost got in a fist fight with a woman who got the last one of an adorable wooden beaded necklace (I totally could have taken her). Jen didn't want to take the picture inside, because she thought we might get taken down by the either the security guard or the Chinese mafia. I thought it would be fun to try something new on my birthday, and I have never been tackled by a security guard OR had a hit put out on me, but Jen put her foot down and said no, we must take the picture outside. Party pooper... Anyway, after that we went to lunch, and I had a hankering for some grits & gravy, so we headed over to the Cracker Barrel, where we not only had lunch but also an intense game of checkers. Then finally over to the nail place to get our toes done, aren't we sassy???
What a FABULOUS birthday!!!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

It was a fabulous day! Had I known how much you would have enjoyed a throw down in the middle of Sam Moon, I might have tried the photo inside. Imagine THOSE blog pics! =} Love ya!

karen said...

aww happy birthday !!!! i hope you had fun.. sam moon is an awesome place to shop at !!

Jan and Larry Myers said...

You, my dear, could have taken any security guard and I can't believe you let that gal intimidate you out of a necklace. Sometimes you're just too nice! Glad your day was great...you and Jenn are looking just fabulous.