Sunday, August 24, 2008

Sometimes Two Rights Make a Wrong

So, I know I generally don't do shopping blogs, but I was doing one of my favorite online pastimes, pouncing on Etsy* and it was quite funny, because Twilight** related items randomly kept coming up so I was curious, and as of Sunday evening, there were 1271 Twilight items for sale!!! Can you believe it? So I couldn't resist coming up with my own review, and without further ado, here is the good, the bad and the freaky of fan created Twilight paraphernalia...

The Good:

Here is my favorite item:
It actually made me laugh out loud. If you can't live without it, here is the link
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=14450341

And because I tended to like the stuff that you would have to know the series to understand, here are some of my runners up:

Get it? The earrings, they are forks, like Forks, WA, where the books take place. Ha Ha
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=sr_list_18&listing_id=14442086

and rounding out my top 3 is:
because once again, you have to know the books, to understand its meaning, and the crystal heart is just icing. Here is the link: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=sr_list_8&listing_id=14297146


The Bad:

Here there are just too many in this category to even make a fair representation, I would have to say that the excessive numbers of "Team Edward" and "Team Jacob" items would have to top the list. However, this little item I thought was just a teeny bit over the top:


Yes my friends, that is actual sand from First Beach on the reservation. Just what you need to carry around on your wrist...dirt... I am even a Jacob fan and I think this is too much.

The Freaky:

Once again, I had trouble narrowing this category down, but here are my top 3 items that made me go, "Huh???"

First, the I heart Edward Cullen Coffee Cozy,

because sometimes, you just need to proclaim your love for Edward before you finish that first cup of joe... http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=sr_list_5&listing_id=12389490

Also, in this category are Twilight themed coasters


Because once again, you might need to remind yourself not to make a ring on the coffee table by putting your beverage on a character from Twilight. I am guessing here that the Edward coaster is either a mountain lion, or just a regular lion (as in, so the lion fell in love with the lamb). http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=sr_list_20&listing_id=12644101

And finally:


Yes ladies, now you too can proclaim your loyalty to either Jacob or Edward all night long with these eye masks! They can be yours for the low low price of $13.00 each!

Still hungry for more??? Here are links to some of my other favorite items. But beware, they tend to more Jacob related, but it is my blog, so I can put whatever I want on it!

These links will expire when the listing is over, so don't delay, look today!!!
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=sr_list_19&listing_id=14156844
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=sr_list_3&listing_id=14112990
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=sr_list_16&listing_id=14337385
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=sr_list_21&listing_id=14492925
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=sr_list_20&listing_id=13535426
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=sr_list_18&listing_id=13643554
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=sr_list_14&listing_id=14042732
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=sr_list_6&listing_id=14415739
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=sr_list_12&listing_id=14511509

*www.etsy.com is like ebay for handmade/crafty things, and pouncing is a feature that randomly brings up items that have just been sold. It is essentially a way to window shop.

**Twilight is a embarassingly addictive book series, see my previous post "Done!!!"

2 comments:

Chris and Tara Mason said...

Ok - some of those items were interesting!! For my birthday I was given a Twilight shirt (in honor of Jacob). I was going to wear it to the next book club, but it's really a wintery shirt (also it is huge - my friend wanted to make sure that I didn't wear it outside of the house - apparently it's meant to be a nightshirt)! I'll have to show it to you someday!

karen said...

wow... some people are REALLY into those stuff huh ??