Monday, February 23, 2009

Animal Adventures

So I saw Megan's blog about how much fun they had with Molly at the Fort Worth Stock Show, and I decided to be a complete copy cat and go too. We ended up getting free passes, so that made it an even easier decision!

We had so much fun! We started out looking at the rabbits, which Kaiya loved. Jamie for some reason, really liked how many different kinds of rabbits there were, and he took a zillion pictures of them. I will spare you those, but here we are walking through the rabbit display area, with Kaiya about ready to launch herself out of my arms, she is so excited.

Then we headed over the the "Children's Barnyard" which was an area that had just a few of all different barnyard animals & their babies. I don't know if the piglets or the chicks were her favorite.
She certainly liked the Turkey too, but he looked a little mean, and she kept trying to hold on to the fence, and I was afraid he was going to peck her little fingers off.

We also went and had our picture taken with a buffalo. Strange huh? I think it was a promotional thing for a bank with a buffalo in its logo.
After this picture was taken, Kaiya tried to climb the fence right in front of the buffalo, and just about gave the buffalo wranglers a heart attack.

Then of course came Kaiya's favorite part, the petting zoo. This little girl has no fear of these animals! She pet baby goats,

And we bought an ice cream cone full of some kind of chow (Goat chow? Bunny chow? I'm not sure) and Jamie showed her how to feed it to the goat swarm.

"Kaiya do it!"

So after the petting zoo, we walked across the courtyard to the pony ride, which was right next to the midway & a few roller coasters. Now, after she was completely fearless in the face of swarming goats, I thought she would have no problem with a pony ride. Alas, I was incorrect. She was so stinkin' excited as we were waiting our turn, she was trying to climb in the pen herself. But as we were getting in and picking out our pony, the rollercoaster next door started up. It was really loud, and people were screaming, and it FREAKED Kaiya out. She could hardly keep her eyes off it; she kept saying "kids screaming" and "don't want to". Ironically, the roller coaster in question, was the same one that Haylee chose to ride and hated at Grapefest. But I don't think there is any way Kaiya would remember that.

Anyway, Kaiya spent the whole pony ride worrying about the roller coaster next door, and I don't think she really enjoyed it all that much. But she liked the idea of it, and asked to do it again on the drive home.

The last thing we did before we went home, was slide down one of the giant slides. Kaiya LOVES slides, and when we asked if she wanted to go down one of the enormous ones, she started to try and climb up the stairs herself. We had to explain that we had to get tickets and pay first, but eventually, Kaiya and Daddy slid down this enormous slide.

Here is a far out shot of the slide, so you can get the perspective of how big it was. I put a blue arrow pointing to Jamie & Kaiya climbing the stairs (yep, I have mad photoshop skills), don't they look tiny?

This wasn't even the big one she wanted to go on in the first place, but it was the biggest one that would let her slide, since she is under 36" tall (she missed the "you must be this tall" mark by an inch or two). You should have seen the ENORMOUS grin she had on her face when they finished.

We also had a little lunch in an auditorium they had set up with food stands & stuff, and as is usual for Kaiya these days, she basically wouldn't eat. So since it was a special day, we let her run around a little bit, and she got up on the stage that was in the front of the auditorium and did her little dance.

What can I say, she comes by it honestly! Thanks for the great idea Megan, we had a fabulous time!

2 comments:

Chris and Tara Mason said...

Ok - I'm gonna have to take my boys on over there! The giant slide sold me!
And, seriously, I don't think it is possible for Kaiya to get any cuter! Honestly, I don't!

Together We Save said...

It looks like you had alot of fun. Kaiya is very cute in her little piggy-tails.