I had a bunch of people request the recipe for the potato casserole I brought to Mindy's baby shower last week, so I thought I would post it here. It is a combination of a couple of my favorite recipes, so here you go!
Bon Apetite!
Tristen's Funeral Potatoes
Potato Mixture
2 lbs frozen country style hash browns: thawed
¼ cup melted butter
2 tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
2 tsp garlic powder (not garlic salt)
½ tsp cayenne pepper
1 can cream of chicken soup (other cream soups will work)
2 cups grated cheddar cheese
½ cup grated onion
2 cups (16 oz) sour cream
Topping
2 cups crushed corn flakes
¼ cup melted butter
Preheat Oven to 350*
Combine all ingredients in potato mixture and spread evenly in a 9x13 baking dish.
Top with crushed corn flakes and drizzle with melted butter.
Bake uncovered for 1 hour at 350*
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Man! You KNOW how much I love potatoes...I should not have read this now...it has made me very hungry! Can't wait to try it out!
We make this too but we call it Party Potatoes.
They were pretty dang yummy!
I didn't know that you finished Liar's Club. Remind me to tell you a funny story about it the next time I see you. Also, can borrow the Ranger's Apprentice Book from you?
Aren't these my grandma's Sinful Potatoes? They're the best - I should make some again real soon.
By the way, you're really doing a great job on this blog - Kaiya is so cute. I need to start one for Carter.
Julie- They are 99% her sinful potatoes, I just tweaked it. I changed the style of hashbrown potatoes, and added garlic & cayenne.
Post a Comment