Thursday, February 26, 2009

Cleaning Can be Fun???

It is a beautiful day here in Texas today. We went to story time at the library this morning, then went with a few friends to have lunch and play at the park. It was lovely and warm, almost 85. When we got home, I decided we needed to clean the rug that usually stays under our kitchen table. It is coir, which is coconut husk, so when it gets dirty, all you need to do is take it outside, squirt it down with the hose and then let it dry really well. So since it is such a beautiful day, we drug the hose out and started cleaning the rug.

At first Kaiya was content playing in the sandbox. But she gradually became more daring about the hose, and would run underneath it while I was spraying the rug (which was hung on the fence) and get sprinkled on. Then she would wait until it was down low and run through it so it sprayed her directly. She also decided that she wanted to help squirt the rug, but mostly just sprayed herself.

So she was pretty wet when she decided to go back to the sandbox & was COVERED from head to toe in sand. Yick. So eventually I had to spray her down to get all the sand off. But we surely did have fun!!!

3 comments:

Chris and Tara Mason said...

Sand is evil! Every summer it invades our house. Oh well - at least they're having fun (and at least I can wear socks so the sand doesn't stick to my feet).

Together We Save said...

Oh I remember the sandbox days. SO much fun. She looks so sweet in those pictures.

Paula said...

Oh she is so adorable and so much fun!!!