Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Musical Mea Culpa

Okay-so like most people, I love music; but since Kaiya has been born I have changed my tastes a little bit. Okay, lean in close, I am about to share my deepest darkest secret. I like country music. There I said it. Admitting it is the first step to acceptance, right? It just seems to be a little bit more about my life now than Green Day or The Cure. Now don't get me wrong, I still like to rock out, but since I asked Jamie to take me to the Brad Paisley concert for my birthday, I can no longer hide the fact that I am a closet country music lover.

The other change in my music tastes can be viewed as more a convergence. Two of the bands I grew up with and LOVE have now joined the "kiddie-rock" movement. Those would be "They Might Be Giants" and more recently everyone's favorite Canadians, "The Barenaked Ladies" have hopped on the band wagon (ha ha, that's a pun). Now, I can't get this song out of my head, please watch and enjoy.



You can also download another one of the exceptionally silly BNL songs for free from their website: http://www.bnlmusic.com/snacktime/


4 comments:

Chris said...

Thanks for the great link. We adore they might be giants. I think somehow in the move we missed this album coming out... but don't worry I have rectified the situation and downloaded it from itunes!

Chris and Tara Mason said...

I totally agree that they have some great music out there for kids! We have all of the TMBG albums for kids and the new BNL one - we love them! You should also check out Dan Zanes! I love, love, love Dan Zanes! It is my dream to take the boys to one of his free concerts in NYC one day!

Jan and Larry Myers said...

This song is really cool and I even dig the country music thing. What concerns me is that Kaiya can't say "JAN"!!! So sad...

Blake and Meg said...

Ok, how cutie is music and these girls. Molly loves to watch old musicals with me. We watch Mary Poppins, Music Man, etc. and have a blast! I'm going to have to try this album. I'm sure she'll love it!