Okay, perhaps I was a bit rash. Mamma Mia may be my favorite movie, but the A&E version of Pride & Prejudice is still better; can you classify a mini-series as a movie?
I am forever in love with Mr. Darcy...sigh... I miss Jamie.
I am forever in love with Mr. Darcy...sigh... I miss Jamie.


Anyway, if for some wacky reason, you have never seen P&P, here is a clip from a scene I like. It's a long excerpt, but especially the first 2 minutes are worth watching.
5 comments:
Yes, I loved the movie almost as much as the book.
I actually broke my ankle while reading P and P. I couldn't put it down, even while I was walking home from school. Then I stepped into a pot hole...
P&P is my all-time favorite movie - not the one that came out a couple of years ago, but the REAL one from A&E. I play it when I'm doing housework and watch it in my mind from rooms far away from the t.v. When you've seen it as many times as you and I have, listening will do and makes for quick work. Then you can sneak back to the t.v. when your favorite scenes are on, right? I knew we had to be soul sisters!!!
i love P&P.. too bad the A&E verison (the super long one) isn't closed caption.. maybe the updated dvds have CC.. Speaking of twilight--- i hope she choose edward.. of course, i'd be mad at stephenie meyer if she made bella pick jacob.. jacob is.. hairy and yucky.. ha if you know what i mean
Ugh, ditto! You really can't get better than Collin Firth playing Darcy. I hated the newer version with Kiera Knightly. There's something about 5 hours that builds the suspense and devotion to our heroine, Elizabeth and our love for Mr. Darcy!
You know, that might be my favorite all time movie as well. There is just something about it. It is long, but never boring. It is sad, but not sappy. The list goes on and on.
Ironically, my husband has not seen any version of pride and prejudice. He refuses to watch it. But, Jonathan seems predisposed to like it.
The other day he was watching Wishbone (which is one of his favorite PBS kids shows), and it was one that used Pride and Prejudice as its "story." When I realized what it was I asked if he wanted to turn it off. He said "no way" and insisted on watching the whole thing! I was thrilled.
Post a Comment